30th March 2023
15:00 - 16:00
Individual mobility in the city in the context of the zero-emission goal for 2035 – challenges for cities and residents
Panel under the patronage of Association of Polish Cities
Moderator: Bartłomiej Derski, journalist, WysokieNapiecie.pl
Speakers asked to attend the panel:
- Szymon Byliński, Director, Department of Electromobility and Hydrogen Economy, Ministry of Climate and Environment
- Bartosz Guss, Deputy Mayor, City of Poznan
- Jacek Mizak, Senior Advisor, Fundacja Promocji Pojazdów Elektrycznych
- Michał Olszewski, Deputy Mayor, City of Warsaw
- Emilia Szymaniuk, Project Implementation Coordinator, POLENERGIA S.A.
- Tomasz Tonder, Head of Group PR & Corporate Affairs, Volkswagen Group Polska
Background of the debate:
The regulations proposed by the European Union lead to the end of the registration of combustion cars by 2035, which is also dictated by the quality of air in cities. The solution to this problem was to introduce low-emission and zero-emission zones, where local access for vehicles with internal combustion engines is limited. Panellists will consider how local governments in Poland are involved in the development of individual zero-emission transport against the background of how European governments do it.